This year’s VOTING categories include:
- BEST IN SHOW
As with all our festivals, SLAY has optional extra credit items:
- Velvet Painting
- 8:00 minuets maximum length
- 24 frames per second is preferred (but can also work with 23.98 or 29.97)
- Audio: 48k, 16 bit, stereo
- Codec either Apple Pro Res or H.264
PREFERRED EXPORT: 1920×1080 • 24 frames per second • H.264 video file
HOW TO SEND US YOUR FILM
ALL SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2ND ANNUAL SLAY FILM FESTIVAL ARE DUE NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 15TH, 2021 AT 5PM PST.
Digital submission to [email protected] is preferred. You can also send via WeTransfer to [email protected]. In the same file/folder as your film submission, please include one release form and copies of IDs from ALL performers and a signed entry form with your film submission.
All performers must be 18 years of age.
Any technical difficulty with these instructions, contact [email protected].
You must have the rights to the music used in your film. Permission from the original owner or a music license agreement must be submitted with your paperwork.
Need help finding music for your film? Here are a few resources:
- Shutterstock: www.shutterstock.com/music
- Tighe K McGillivray (aka Futurewife)
- BMI: https://www.bmi.com/licensing
- Maroset: https://www.marmosetmusic.com/
- Musicbed: https://www.musicbed.com/
- Audiojungle: https://audiojungle.net/
- Pond5: https://www.pond5.com/royalty-free-music/
Performer Release Forms
No submissions will be admitted to the festival without a signed RELEASE FORM and a copy of a photo ID from each performer and an ENTRY FORM completed and signed by the film’s producer.
Digital submission preferred.
No submissions will be admitted to the festival without a signed RELEASE FORM and photo ID from each performer and an ENTRY FORM completed and signed by the film’s producer.
Have a technical question about your submission?
Email [email protected].